Competitive Field of Employee Recruiting

Richard Moy wrote a piece that distinguished between a head hunter and recruiter which matched up with my personal experience of dealing with a talent manager out of Farmington New Mexico. She was aggressive and NOT opposed to wearing tight skirts and other clothing elements that prominently displayed her jaw dropping cleavage!

She made a huge 30% of your first year's salary as a commission for placing you with potential employers. I could sense her extreme disappointment when I rejected her recruiting efforts and remained with my then employer.

I was reminded of this when a colleague shared a story about James Seay of Becker Wright Consultants. James was trying to recruit my buddy's daughter and she took the position. As far as I know everything worked out and she is very happy with the move that resulted in a salary and bonus increase along with a much prettier location to live. My friend was impressed with the professionalism of Mr Seay who was never overbearing or pressing too hard to steal her away from current job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't be fooled by this Email Spoofing Entity

The Clerk has your Gasoline Receipt

Homeowner's Tree dangerously Blocking Stop Sign