Eat My Pants was it?

You all remember the quote of the computer protection Virus and Malware guy. He promised he would do something harmful to his penis, like ingest it, if Bitcoin did not hit one million dollars at the close of the year 2019. Well Bitcoin never even cleared 25 Grand and as far as I know his Johnson is still functioning. I guess you could check with one of his many prostitutes.

And NO, I am not slamming the dude for soliciting prostitutes. What's got me upset is that we got a McAfee subscription renewal confirmation for a product that was NOT set up as an auto renewal!!!

As the image indicates, McAfee is located in Plano, TX with a published customer service number which we called. There where only two options, one of which was refund. Selected that option and got A SINGLE RING and then nothing but silence. Tried three more times with same result!!!

Has anybody else had similar difficulty getting through to the 5000 Headquarters Drive address? Now I am starting to see how the guy made enough money to pay for the most sultry ladies of the night.  Do the right thing John. You got rich being marginally honorable, now you are slipping dude!

Comments

  1. johndebbeth posted:

    Have been a loyal McAfee customer for over a decade and recently received my 'auto renewal' email. Fortunately for me, my credit card had expired so they were emailing me urging me to update my payment information so auto renewal could occur.

    it was only then that I noticed the renewal price ...it was twice what I would have paid by manually logging onto my account and manually renewing.

    I then decided to check my account history and the 1 year I had chosen to auto renewal (2011) the premium was MORE THAN double the ones where I'd done it manually and the same as 'auto renewal' was quoting for this years premium. I logged onto my account an renewed by hand for half the price.

    The words of a Mcafee moderator:

    The moderating teamhave already brought this up with McAfee management and they are reviewing the whole process to avoid an already very diminished customer image of the once very proud and fair computer virus fighter owned. Right now Auto-Renew is by default on, and we argued it should be off or at least this should be pointed out specifically rather than hidden in the small print of the agreement you click OK to when signing up.

    Also auto-renewal charges the full rate regardless of any offers elsewhere on the website. We argued that it should seek out the lowest offered price, again they are looking into that.

    Sorry you had a bad experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don't be fooled by this Email Spoofing Entity

The Clerk has your Gasoline Receipt

Homeowner's Tree dangerously Blocking Stop Sign