Why should Seniors be Immune from paying back Student Debt?

RoseMary Anderson, of Watsonville, California borrowed $64,000 to pay for her education  in her 30s, as she worked toward her undergraduate and graduate degrees. She bought a house that she could not afford and accumulated massive credit card debt. 





Due to her choice to lead a lifestyle that she could not afford, she hasn't been able to make a student loan payment in eight years. The amount she now owes has almost doubled to $126,000. 

Anderson declares  "I find it very ironic that I incurred this debt as a way to improve my life, and yet I still sit here today because the debt has become my undoing," 

Let me rephrase this for the debtor, now 57. "I still sit here today because MY CHOICE to incur debt has made my life miserable".

Anderson would prefer the government relieve her of all student loan debt and have hard working taxpayers pay her way through school. She should have to endure the worry of the federal government reducing her social security payments to pay off her 20 year delinquent loans. She is lucky the United States does not have a debtor's prison.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't be fooled by this Email Spoofing Entity

The Clerk has your Gasoline Receipt

Homeowner's Tree dangerously Blocking Stop Sign