Car Washes, Skunks and Probate Attorneys

What a crazy connection. My flight into Roswell NM was delayed significantly and I had some time to hang out in the city my father calls home. I found a quaint Thai Food place next door to an Auto Zone on South Main Street.

A group of young Hispanics, as you can see in the above picture, were short of business operating their car wash in the north parking lot of a Auto Zone Car parts business. I found an old newspaper at car wash that I read while awaiting my call out order at Lemon Grass. An article of interest, which brought back memories of a distant but dissolved friendship, was written by a probate lawyer named Kraft if I recall. The article used the term "skunk" as a substitute for jerk or a dishonest person. The author piously cited Biblical scripture in a fashion that approached pontification.

Lana  Muse and her husband Jack were quite happy according to my cousin, but somewhere their marriage took a turn for the worse. My memory fades at this point, but I believe the writer of article in paper, who was writing about skunks(bad people), was involved in the very bitter and nasty divorce of Lana and Jack. This all must of have been at least a decade ago and I remember my cuz saying that the lawyers got a big monetary piece of the settlement.

So I guess the lawyers involved could be perceived as "skunks" from the standpoint of the litigants. Oh well, everybody has to make a living some way or another. When couples hate each other and start fighting over their possessions and who is gonna get custody of the kids, somebody had to step in and do the dirty work. Just wish BMW driving lawyers did not get a piece of the pie to pay for their yachts and luxurious life styles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't be fooled by this Email Spoofing Entity

The Clerk has your Gasoline Receipt

Homeowner's Tree dangerously Blocking Stop Sign